Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Side swiped

Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much more for them.

I trusted that you valued my friendship enough. I was mistaken. I honestly do not understand why it came to this.

For me, it was never about choosing sides. I would have never asked you to choose. I didn't need you to. I knew how happy it all made you and I was happy for you, whether you wanted to see that or not.

I hope that, with this decision, you find what you're searching for, and that it alleviates whatever strain it was putting on you. It makes me sad that I am no longer a part of helping you find what it was that you were searching for.

I hope when your anger and obvious feelings of betrayal subside, you see that I did try. And even though I know you refuse to see it now, I hope that one day you can see that there were two sides to that story and that I wasn't necessarily the bad guy. 

So yes, if the tables were turned, I am positive that I would have been able to take a step back and realize that maybe everything wasn't how I was seeing it. I would have given my "best friend" more value in what she was trying to tell me.

I would have, at the very least, been able to do that for you.

No comments: