Sunday, April 29, 2012

The glass is half... who cares


I believe many people call this optimism vs. pessimism. I personally think that this fits right alongside that cynicism that I spoke of in my last post. It's so sad that with everything that's happened to me in the dating world, automatically thinking the worst is my go-to. In fact, one of my best friends always jokes with me when I tell her about yet another guy I've met by saying something along the lines of, "Am I the one being excited for you about this, or are you going to be this time around?"

Sad, I know.

Most days the dating opportunities are definitely not flooding in. Today, however, was different.

In a matter of an hour, I had received an email from someone, had texted back and forth, and have a dinner date for tomorrow with him. Things don't usually happen that quickly for me, but honestly, I can't be opposed to anything anymore. Within the next couple of hours, a friend was trying to set me up on Facebook with a friend's brother. True story. 

I'll admit, I'm flattered by both opportunities for very different reasons, but the lack of excitement that I get for these occurrences lately is a little disconcerting. 

Is it wrong to not get overly excited about another date? Or should I be thinking about all of the wonderful opportunities that this could lead to?

For my protection, I choose to play it cool.

No comments: