So the following are reasons why ear infections su-huuuuck:
1. I can't hear anything. It's like I went swimming and I got water in my ear and I can't get it out. But it's been 2 days. I'm in a hearing fog.
2. Oh wait, I can hear myself chewing. It's amazing how crunchy the granola that I put in my yogurt actually is when you listen to it.
3. I've lost one of my teacher superpowers: I can't hear my kids whisper. On top of that, they ask me questions and I can't hear where it's coming from. I feel like they're all laughing at me. But I wouldn't know because I can't hear their snickers.
4. I can't tell how loud I'm talking. I swear I think I'm shouting at someone and they don't even look at me. It's very deceiving.
5. I can't tell how loud my TV or radio is. And I hate it when people listen to their stuff too loud. Like when the TV is vibrating because it's so loud or when someone's blasting the music in their car so everyone will look at them. However, my sense of vibrations are alot more keen. I know that movie that I put on in my classroom today was too loud because the floor was vibrating. And my radio, which sounded normal, must have been loud because I could feel the bass. It was a little embarrassing.
6. If I tilt my head at a certain angle, I can sort of hear clearly out of one ear. I get excited for a split second and then realize my ears were just being whorish teases.
7. My cough is ridiculously hacky. It gets so bad that sometimes my eyes start watering and I can hardly catch my breath. It's attractive when I'm in public.
8. My voice is manly. No thanks.
9. My ears itch. I want to stick something inside and scratch but I'm afraid I'll pop something.
10. When I blow my nose, my ears painfully pop. Well, the left one does. I actually let out a cry of pain each time.
Dear Doc, when will the meds work??